About the Role
We are working with market leading specialist lender based in London, seeking an Assistant BTL Underwriter to join the successful and expanding team following a recent expansion into BTL. We are looking for somebody that can demonstrate strong product knowledge within a similar environment and develop new business relationships.
• Communicate with introducers and clients, chasing them for outstanding documentation.
• Preparing new case files with required searches using appropriate tools, i.e., Land Registry, AML, KYC checks and other intelligent checks.
• Maintaining a daily pipeline/client list, new queries, valuations, legals for completions. Maintaining pipeline on CRM and hard files for all cases.
• Successfully assess and underwrite loan applications in line with company procedures and prevailing credit policy towards completion, calculating the risk, deciding how much we can lend, reviewing and understanding the valuation report and understanding the Loan Exit Strategy.
• Develop lending rationales for exceptions that fall outside company lending policy, recommending loans to Credit Committee or the CEO where necessary.
• Proactively call existing introducers to build strong lasting relationships, speed applications through to completion, and seek new business.
• Having a flexible approach in all aspects and working as a part of the team.
Skills and Experience
Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector essential
Ideally has experience of portfolio BTL underwriting, looking at the ‘whole picture’. Ideal would also have experience of overseas borrowers or companies.
Able to work confidently and seamlessly within a team or individually.
Confident and positive telephone manner and written communication skills.
Computer literate, ideally with experience in lending decision/processing systems and MS Office.