About the Role
We are working with market leading specialist lender based in London, seeking a BTL Underwriter to join the successful and expanding team following a recent expansion into BTL. We are looking for somebody that can demonstrate strong product knowledge within a similar environment and develop new business relationships.
• Communicate with introducers and clients, chasing them for outstanding documentation.
• Preparing new case files with required searches using appropriate tools
• Maintaining a daily pipeline/client list, new queries, valuations, legals for completions
• Successfully assess and underwrite loan applications in line with company procedures
• Producing and negotiating loan terms and issuing credit-backed offers.
• Liaising with professionals (Valuers & Lawyers) and other specialists
• Develop lending rationales for exceptions that fall outside company lending policy
• Offer and instruct solicitors and action legal correspondents.
• Carefully manage SLAs and respond to all enquiries or interactions within 4 hours.
• Proactively call existing introducers to build strong lasting relationships
• Having a flexible approach in all aspects and working as a part of the team.
Skills and Experience
Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector essential, holding a mandate for at least 1 to 2 years in specialist BTL.
Ideally has experience of portfolio BTL underwriting, looking at the ‘whole picture’. Ideal would also have experience of overseas borrowers or companies.
Able to work confidently and seamlessly within a team or individually.
Confident and positive telephone manner and written communication skills.
Computer literate, ideally with experience in lending decision/processing systems and MS Office.