About the Role
We are pleased to be working with a forward-thinking, fast-growing specialist bridging, refurbishment, and development lender founded and run by people who understand property. The short-term property finance business is procured through a mix of broker introductions and direct applications.
The business is now looking for an exceptional, ambitious Portfolio Manager who will report to the Head of Portfolio Management, and be primarily involved in the management of the growing portfolio of development, refurbishment, and bridge loans.
• Monitoring the progress of the loan, including construction, sales, planning, and refinances.
• Identifying and assessing early warning signs across the portfolio in order to recommend and implement risk management strategies on specific projects.
• Managing the drawdown processes on live loans, including corresponding with appointed Project Monitoring Surveyors, reviewing their reports and challenging where appropriate.
• Regularly liaising with borrowers and their representatives.
• Managing the redemption processes on loans from sales or refinances.
• Working with the Head of Portfolio Management through workout strategies for loans in default. This may include the appointment of Insolvency Practitioners.
• Close coordination with the Credit team on new loans, including providing feedback and recommendations on underwriting procedures.
• Reporting to and presenting at the Portfolio Management committee meetings.
• Ensuring all relevant data for each loan is accurately and comprehensively entered into the CRM system.
• Carrying out any other duties on an ad hoc basis.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, who can work both independently and within a team. This position will suit a commercially minded person with a strong work ethic who does not shy away from tough situations.
We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
• Previous development monitoring or lending experience.
• An understanding of property lending in the UK.
• Familiarity with reviewing valuation reports, project monitor reports, development appraisals, property portfolio schedules, and cashflows.
• Able and willing to communicate effectively with borrowers, brokers, surveyors, solicitors, and colleagues.
• Able to analyse, interpret, and present financial information.
• Working knowledge of CRM systems, MS Office Suite, and other programmes required to do the job efficiently.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to succeed.
• Good interpersonal skills and a desire to be involved in the social aspects of company life.